Mindo Day Tour
“Surrounded by Hummingbirds and waterfalls, what more could you wish for?”
To the northwest and as one of the nearby attractions of Quito lies Mindo Cloud Forest. It’s hot, humid climate originates on the border between two regions; the Andes and the Ecuadorian coast. Many birdwatchers visit this cloud forest, a place of life for many bird species.
In our full Mindo day tour we will first visit the Butterfly garden and Orchidarium, then we will go up to the high part and zipline through the canopy over the cloud forest. If we are lucky we will be able to see different types of birds. We will then cross the Tarabita to the other side of the river and walk on a trail down to the river to take a swim. After this refreshing experience, we return to the village to go to the artisan chocolate factory to learn about all the processes of its preparation.
1 DAY - MINDO CLOUD FOREST
|Departure from la Mariscal 7:15 am (Reina Victoria and Foch streets corner) / San Blas Square 7:30 am.|
Optional activities (not included in the price):
Canopy Zipline ($ 20)
Nambillo waterfall ($ 3)
The Mindo Quetzal chocolate factory ($ 10)
|Enjoy a nice lunch.|
|Continue our activities.|
|Return to Quito.|
- NBilingual guide Spanish / English.
- NLunch (shared tour only)
- NAuthorized tourist transport.
- NPermits to enter protected areas
- KEntrance fee optional activities
- KExtra food and drinks.
Budget tripshared day tour & fixed departure
- Fixed departure day on friday.
- Pick-up locations: La Mariscal or San Blas square.
- This is a shared tour, meaning you will be in a group with other travelers.
Premium travelWith private transport
- Departure on any day to your wishes.
- Pick-up location: hotel or accommodation
- This is a private tour with your own personal guide.
- Minimum of 2 persons required.
Book this trip!
Book your trip to South-America directly! Our travel agent will contact you within 24 hours to make sure every detail is discussed. Everything for an unforgettable trip!
Would you rather put together a custom trip with us? Or still have a quick question about the tour? Don’t hesitate to contact us!
Get a Free Adventure
Get the most out of your trip! Every month we offer exclusive deals and discounts on tours.